Sell Expired Food
Have you been taking a loss on your expired food products? Sell them to Lewisco Holdings instead, and increase your working capital while cutting overhead and operating expenses.
As a successful privately-owned food and beverage liquidator and distributor to the secondary market, Lewisco Holdings has years of experience that set us apart from our competitors. Whether you have a single truckload or 100 truckloads full of products you want to sell, we would like to hear from you.
We specialize in shelf-stable dry, canned, frozen, and refrigerated food and beverage products, as well as wet, dry and frozen pet foods/treats. candy, dry spices, health and beauty products, and various types of general merchandise (including paper goods and cleaning products), and offer efficient options for products that need to be sold outside your normal sales channels, including:
- Short-coded products
- Close-dated products
- Products past “best by” date
- “Expired” products
- Slow-moving inventory
- Closeout products
- Discontinued products
- Packaging changes
- Recipe changes
- Cancelled orders
- Out-of-season products
About “Expired” Food & Beverages
Nearly 40% of food produced in the United States for human consumption is wasted. The average American family throws away several thousand dollars’ worth of perfectly good food and beverages as a result of confusion over “expiration” dates. In addition, grocery stores send millions of dollars of perfectly wholesome food into landfills each year for the same reason.
There is no universally accepted food-dating system in the United States. It is mostly voluntary and is the manufacturer’s best guess at how long the product is expected to last. The dates applied to food are for quality and not for safety and, except for baby formula, product dating is not required by Federal regulations.
- “Best if Used By/Before” date: These are freshness dates that tell you how long the product will be at its best in terms of flavor, texture, and quality. It is not a purchase or safety date, and the food or beverage remains safe to eat or drink after this date.
- “Sell By” date: This date tells a store how long to display the product for sale. This is not a safety date and food and beverages can by consumed after this date.
- “Freeze-By” date: This date indicates when a product should be frozen in order to maintain peak quality. It is not a purchase or safety date.
- “Use By” date: This is the last date recommended for using the product while at peak quality. It is not a safety date except when used on infant formula.
The quality of perishable products may deteriorate after these dates pass, but the products are still safe if handled properly. Lewisco Holdings can take these expired products off your hands.
10 Great Reasons to Sell to Us
- We know your brand means everything to you and do everything to safeguard it.
- We keep your products buried deep in the secondary marketplace and away from your everyday channels of distribution.
- We are strategic about how we place your surplus products and work diligently to ensure that our markets do not cross.
- We honor all manufacturer restrictions.
- We can quickly evaluate your liquidation inventory and make you an offer.
- We make the entire process easy and pay you promptly.
- We are liquidation buyers, not brokers or traders.
- We have 13 warehouses and redistribution centers available across the nation to serve you.
- We offer same-day and next-day pickup anywhere in the continental United States.
- We go all-out to exceed your expectations every time.
If you are looking to liquidate your expired food inventory, get in touch with Lewisco Holdings at (917) 210-9395. We will confidentially value your inventory and help you sell your surplus goods.